I inherited Ifa from my father when he was alive. Today, I am the head of the Ifa priests–Fatomilola
Despite his strong inclination toward traditional worship, Fatomilola’s household was one of contrasting beliefs. His mother was a devout Christian who frequently urged him to join her at church, but he preferred staying with his father to learn about Ifa. This difference in religious perspectives often created tension, as his mother was displeased with his reluctance to embrace Christianity.
While recognizing the potential strain on the family, Fatomilola’s father eventually intervened, insisting that he accompany his mother to church on Sundays to maintain harmony in the home. Since he was his mother's only child, his father prioritized her happiness, ensuring that she felt supported despite their differing spiritual practices. This compromise exposed Fatomilola to both Ifa traditions and Christian teachings, making him well-versed in both belief systems.
Over time, Fatomilola found unexpected similarities between religious activities and his passion for the performing arts. His participation in church services, where singing, dancing, and drama were integral, gave him a fresh perspective on Christianity. The stage-like atmosphere of worship services fascinated him, laying the foundation for his future career in acting.
According to him: "I inherited Ifa from my father. It’s hereditary. When my father was alive, he was the head of Ifa priests in Ilufusin, Ekiti. Today, I am the head of the Ifa priests. My mother was a Christian, and whenever she went to church, I wouldn’t follow her. She would get angry because I stayed back with my father to worship Ifa."
Comments
Post a Comment